Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B holder Married to a US PR due for Citizenship - What steps to get Green Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B holder Married to a US PR due for Citizenship - What steps to get Green Card

Hi:

I am a H1B VISA Holder expiring in Oct 2017. I just got married to a US Green Card Holder appearing for her naturalization interview in a few weeks. I have the following questions which I request your help on:

Marriage Validity: We got married in India and obtained a Marriage Certificate from the local municipal office of that Indian state. Do we need to get remarried in USA or get marriage registered in the USA? If yes, how?

Naturalization Interview: We rescheduled the date of the interview citing marriage as the reason and therefore the PR shall have to provide marriage details during the interview. Should we also request for the name to be changed on the new passport in advance or during the interview?

H1B Holder: What steps should I take to move from an H1B to a Green Card under marriage based PR applications? When is a good time to initiate applications? Can I do this myself? What forms do I need to prepare and where should I submit them?

Jurisdiction: I am currently a resident of Florida and the PR is a resident of New Jersey. Which jurisdiction should we initiate an application in?

Are there any other procedures I should be prepared for?

Appreciate your help with the above

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X