Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about i864 and i864a please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about i864 and i864a please help!

Hi everyone. I am filing for a green card for my husband who currently lives in the uae. I am confused about a few things regarding the i864a and i864 form.

First, I am currently unemployed so using my father as a joint sponsor. Me and my father have the same home address. My father files joint taxes with my mother. They are self-employed. My fathers income alone on his w2 is enough to sponsor my husband (the immigrant). I have filled out an i864 form. My father has filled out an i864 form. But is there any other form they are required to fill such as the i864a form (contract between sponsor and household member) since my parents file taxes jointly???

Originally posted by suzy46550 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am filing for a green card for my husband who currently lives in the uae. I am confused about a few things regarding the i864a and i864 form.

First, I am currently unemployed so using my father as a joint sponsor. Me and my father have the same home address. My father files joint taxes with my mother. They are self-employed. My fathers income alone on his w2 is enough to sponsor my husband (the immigrant). I have filled out an i864 form. My father has filled out an i864 form. But is there any other form they are required to fill such as the i864a form (contract between sponsor and household member) since my parents file taxes jointly???
    If your mother is earning and they filed joint taxes, yes, do get I-864A fill out too even though your father's income is sufficient.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X