Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a position to be sponsored for PR, but also looking to enter country on an F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a position to be sponsored for PR, but also looking to enter country on an F1

Hi all, I'm currently in a position to be sponsored by my mother(green card holder) under the F2A category since I'm under 21. However, it's also time for me to enter university and that means getting an F1 student visa which requires proving non immigrant intent. It seems my options are to

1. Apply for the F1, and have my mother file the I-130 after I've entered the country and started school. I'm not sure how I would get the F1 in this case since I definitely would not be able to or want to prove non immigrant intent. From what I've read on other threads, this might be okay in the sense that I don't intend to immigrate on the F1 visa itself.

Also like to add that I already have admission to a school I want to attend in the US, but I have absolutely no problem waiting and studying elsewhere if that's the better option.

2. Study outside of the country, have my mother file the I-130 and then transfer somewhere in the country once I have PR.

Just as background information, I basically grew up entirely in the US, from 5 to 16 years old on an F2 visa while my mother was studying there. The only US visa I currently have is a 10 year B1/B2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X