Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of support for working spouse - Marriage Greencard

Hello,

My wife is a US Citizen and she is filing for a green card for me. We have been married since March 2016. We know one of the documents we need to file is the affidavit of support. The issue is my wife is a student but I work. I make enough to satisfy the requirement for the two person household, how do we go about filing the affidavit?

Because the form is suppose to be filled by the petitioner (my wife). We also cannot get a co-sponsor becuase we do not have any relatives in the country that meet the co-sponsor requirement.

How do I file the affidavit stating that I will support our family?

P.S. I am currently working with my OPT which I received after graduating with a degree in Engineering

Originally posted by oljin1 View Post
    Hello,

My wife is a US Citizen and she is filing for a green card for me. We have been married since March 2016. We know one of the documents we need to file is the affidavit of support. The issue is my wife is a student but I work. I make enough to satisfy the requirement for the two person household, how do we go about filing the affidavit?

Because the form is suppose to be filled by the petitioner (my wife). We also cannot get a co-sponsor becuase we do not have any relatives in the country that meet the co-sponsor requirement.

How do I file the affidavit stating that I will support our family?

P.S. I am currently working with my OPT which I received after graduating with a degree in Engineering
    thats sucks! i don't know! because u can't include ur income, USCIS don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by iuy87 View Post
      thats sucks! i don't know! because u can't include ur income, USCIS don't care.

Uhn?! Can't handle my income? What are you saying?

I said I make enough to satisfy the requirement but my wife is the citizen and I'm the beneficiary but the affidavit of support states that the sponsor should be the petitioner (my wife) who is a student with zero income

Comment

Originally posted by oljin1 View Post
        Uhn?! Can't handle my income? What are you saying?

I said I make enough to satisfy the requirement but my wife is the citizen and I'm the beneficiary but the affidavit of support states that the sponsor should be the petitioner (my wife) who is a student with zero income
        ur wife is the US citizen right? you are the immigrant? USCIS DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR INCOME. UR WIFE IS SPONSORING YOU. YOU ARE NOT SPONSORING UR WIFE. U NEED A JOINT SPONSOR.

Comment

Sometimes the spouse can't find a stable job to make enough or is a student (as in your case). Your options are to either wait until she graduates and gets employment or get a sponsor.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X