Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of support

Hello,

I am filing the affidavit of support for my wife. I did not have enough income to sponsor her and one of my friend can do it.
    For last year he met the income require in the Poverty Guidelines and for this year he can prove he has enough income. The thing is that he didn't meet the requirement for year 2014 and 2013. Is it mandatory to meet the Poverty Guidelines for the past three years or just the last year is mandatory ?

Thanks for your help

Submitting 3 years of tax returns is overkill, unnecessary, and missing the mark altogether. What the reviewer is looking at is total income on most recent (2015) tax return, coupled with proof of current employment and what the estimated annual income from that employment will be.

--Ray B

Originally posted by NYClife View Post
    Hello,

I am filing the affidavit of support for my wife. I did not have enough income to sponsor her and one of my friend can do it.
    For last year he met the income require in the Poverty Guidelines and for this year he can prove he has enough income. The thing is that he didn't meet the requirement for year 2014 and 2013. Is it mandatory to meet the Poverty Guidelines for the past three years or just the last year is mandatory ?

Thanks for your help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X