No announcement yet.

Do we need the bar code for form i-485?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need the bar code for form i-485?

I can see it on one of our pdf editors, but no matter which one we use to print it it always removes the bar code. It's my understanding that these forms, including 485 can be filled out by hand, so is the barcode really necessary? We tried changing the margins, letter size, etc, nothing worked on the final print.

Thanks

Manual Forms

Originally posted by acsmith1972 View Post
    I can see it on one of our pdf editors, but no matter which one we use to print it it always removes the bar code. It's my understanding that these forms, including 485 can be filled out by hand, so is the barcode really necessary? We tried changing the margins, letter size, etc, nothing worked on the final print.

Thanks
    No its not necessary. The manual forms you pickup at any USCIS office don't have em. The barcodes from USCIS website contain the barcodes as when you mail a form in they are identified by scanner during intake. Also any 797c Notice of Action contains a barcode, especially durong biometrics, the officer simply scans the barcode on your notice giving him/her access to you case.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
      No its not necessary. The manual forms you pickup at any USCIS office don't have em. The barcodes from USCIS website contain the barcodes as when you mail a form in they are identified by scanner during intake. Also any 797c Notice of Action contains a barcode, especially durong biometrics, the officer simply scans the barcode on your notice giving him/her access to you case.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X