Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

applying for I-130/K3/IR-1 with no fixed address. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying for I-130/K3/IR-1 with no fixed address. . .

Hello there,

I have been married to a U.S citizen for 4 years. I am Australian. We were married in the UK, and lived mostly there together. We left the UK approximately 1 year ago and have since been travelling with no fixed address, no taxes paid, etc.. We have decided to move to the U.S.

I think it's important to note that I will be moving around quite alot for the rest of the year. Spain august, indonesia september, india october november, indonesia december.

I was preparing to send in I-130 application, followed by K-3 application. But just now I have been seeing new information suggesting that k-3 is 'redundant', and that IR-1 is more appropriate.

My husband and I wish to be apart for the shortest time possible. He will return to the states in December.

From my research, the k-3 visa should take roughly 5 months, and the Ir-1 6-12 months roughly. Is this correct?

I have a few more queries;

1) if i intend to send in k3 application once USCIS receives my application, can i use the web based receipt in my application of K-3? Or do i need to wait for a mailed receipt. (This could be a problem due to my varied schedule).
    2) If i apply for k3; is there a way around having to have my interview in the country where the marriage took place? I will be nowhere near the UK. . .
    3) We have been informed that we will need to file for I-130 through mailing the Chicago Lockbox as we have no fixed address. Will we be able to maintain all our coorespondence through Chicago lockbox, even though our address will change a few times?

any other information that you may think helpful in this case is greatly appreciated. i have been researching this for days and can't find anyone in the same situation.

Thanks and best regards ! Jordan

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X