Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card through Sibling

Dear Friends,

I am currently on H1B in the USA for last 4 years. My sister is a US Citizen and can sponsor my Greencard. However, I would like to know:

1) Is the sibling GC process similar to applying in employer based EB3 category? Does my wife, who is on H4 currently, get EAD at any point? Or EAD s not applicable here?
    2) I understand this process takes very long time(may be over 15 years). Further, my H1B will max out in 2 years. So in that case since the family based GC has been applied can I get H1B extension after the 6 years max out time? Or I am not eligible for H1B extension in the FB category(after iapproved 130)?
    3) If I change job, can my next employer transfer my H1B to them(Even after 6 years of my current H1B)? I am not sure how the Family based GC process works here? Do we get extension after current H1B expires?
    4) Can I start 2 GC applications - One family based and another Employment based? Can this be an issue in future or when I go to India for stamping?

Many Thanks!
    Sam
    Last edited by sam55; 08-08-2016, 11:11 PM.

Green Card thru Family

Originally posted by sam55 View Post
    Dear Friends,

I am currently on H1B in the USA for last 4 years. My sister is a US Citizen and can sponsor my Greencard. However, I would like to know:

1) Is the sibling GC process similar to applying in employer based EB3 category? Does my wife, who is on H4 currently, get EAD at any point? Or EAD s not applicable here?
    2) I understand this process takes very long time(may be over 15 years). Further, my H1B will max out in 2 years. So in that case since the family based GC has been applied can I get H1B extension after the 6 years max out time? Or I am not eligible for H1B extension in the FB category(after iapproved 130)?
    3) If I change job, can my next employer transfer my H1B to them(Even after 6 years of my current H1B)? I am not sure how the Family based GC process works here? Do we get extension after current H1B expires?
    4) Can I start 2 GC applications - One family based and another Employment based? Can this be an issue in future or when I go to India for stamping?

Many Thanks!
    Sam
    Many people get Green Cards (become permanent residents) through family members. You may be eligible to get a Green Card as:
    an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, this includes spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older
    a family member of a U.S. citizen fitting into a preference category, this includes unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older
    a family member of a green card holder, this includes spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder
    a member of a special category, this can include battered spouse or child (VAWA), a K nonimmigrant, a person born to a foreign diplomat in the United States, a V nonimmigrant or a widow(er) of a U.S. Citizen
    Follow the provided link for more information:
    https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...through-family

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X