Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Banking Info is Visible... is that okay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Banking Info is Visible... is that okay??

So long-story-short my wife is the one I am sponsoring and I have a joint-sponsor. On his IRS Transcripts it has the banking routing number and account number, it also shows on my Domicile proof (a medical bill) an account number. I have blurred out these numbers for my own and my joint-sponsors personal safety... I did not email my stuff yet, but I wanted to see if it was okay.... one person said it should be fine, but I asked someone else a question that.... this person said "it'd be okay" and the second person I spoke to said "No." so.... I'm a bit confused.

- Am I to entrust NO ONE is going to steal our banking information....?? Who handles these anyways?? Is it okay that I blurred out our banking info - they don't need banking info... so why would it not be okay??

Thank you, any information is appreciated... we are ready to send our paperwork in but this is stopping us...!!

P.S: I spoke with someone and they said PDFs are the only thing accepted, while another said images should be fine hence why I blurred out/was able to blurr out banking info.
    Last edited by Tort; 09-27-2016, 03:43 PM.

It is OK to blur out or redact banking information.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

redaction

Originally posted by Tort View Post
      So long-story-short my wife is the one I am sponsoring and I have a joint-sponsor. On his IRS Transcripts it has the banking routing number and account number, it also shows on my Domicile proof (a medical bill) an account number. I have blurred out these numbers for my own and my joint-sponsors personal safety... I did not email my stuff yet, but I wanted to see if it was okay.... one person said it should be fine, but I asked someone else a question that.... this person said "it'd be okay" and the second person I spoke to said "No." so.... I'm a bit confused.

- Am I to entrust NO ONE is going to steal our banking information....?? Who handles these anyways?? Is it okay that I blurred out our banking info - they don't need banking info... so why would it not be okay??

Thank you, any information is appreciated... we are ready to send our paperwork in but this is stopping us...!!

P.S: I spoke with someone and they said PDFs are the only thing accepted, while another said images should be fine hence why I blurred out/was able to blurr out banking info.
      I am not an attorney, redaction of documents that go to USCIS is never a good idea. It can an will generate a RFE "Request for Further Evidence". Which will stop the process until USCIS is satisfied.
      When submitting an "Affadavit of Support"all income, tax records must be copied from originals.

Comment

It's okay!!

Everything is all done, we went to the interview and everything, no more documents needed. I crossed out all of the last 4 digits of ANY banking information, any information I did not want anyone to steal. They seemed fine with that, as I also called USCIS, and they said it was an understandable thing and reason.

- So my advice: Go for it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X