Confused about when to file i-824 to bring my child to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about when to file i-824 to bring my child to US

I was granted green card by US Consulate at Mumbai (oversea) a week ago. My sister had petitioned for me (F4 Category)

My son qualifies to receive green card according to Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) calculation.
    Now when should I file i-824? After entering US and getting my permanent green card or right now?

Also, on i-824 instruction page, the first instruction under "When should I not file I-824" is
    "Do not file Form I-824 with USCIS if you are requesting follow-to-join benefits for your spouse and/or children, and you
    are in one of the following classifications:
    1. You were issued an immigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate via consular processing and were admitted to
    the United States as a lawful permanent resident (LPR) on an immigrant visa"

So when should I file??? This is confusing.

Thank you.

I am in the same situation and stopped there after reading it. Lets see we get some advice from this forum.

Comment

The original post is from 2016, so I hope the user was able to bring their child.

From what I understand, if a US Citizen petition a sibling under F4 the request is also for spouse and unmarried children. If that is the case I don't think I-824 is needed. No expert, so I may be wrong.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X