Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need inputs: Valid B2 Visa Holder Intending to Apply Green Card from Home Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need inputs: Valid B2 Visa Holder Intending to Apply Green Card from Home Country

Hi,
    I am an Indonesian citizen that has been married for about 3 years to my American husband. I have been living in Indonesia all my life, and my husband for the last 5 years here.
    Last year, I applied for (and got) a tourist visa to the US, which I used to to visit his family and his hometown, for a few weeks vacation, right after it was granted.
    At that time, we had no (not yet, at least) intention to migrate to the US.
    But this year (about a year after our visit to the US) we are thinking of starting the process of getting a green card for myself.
    I know I have seen a lot of comments (Some in this forum) that said doing so might not be wise, since I would be accused of fraud (for applying B2 visa at the first place) and it would not be granted.. But I also notice that a lot of these are referring to the process of applying from inside America, not abroad like me.
    I am just wondering if anyone has any insights of the possibility (or probability?) of me being granted a green card if I apply from abroad, in relation to my B2 visa that I still have right now.

Thank you for anyone that can give me any feedback.

Cheers

You have done nothing wrong.

Your husband can file your green card from your home country.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X