Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-864: Use gross rental income to qualify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864: Use gross rental income to qualify?

Hi, I'm a homemaker and always filed tax jointly with husband. I was asked to re-submit I-864 for one of my sister & her family members (I'm the petitioner for my two sis). I filed I-864 along with husband signed an I-864A a few years ago for both sis and their family members. I guess the forms were expired so I have to submit again (at least for this sis). After more thorough research this time, I don't want to involve my husband in this AOS thing anymore.

So my question is: can I count half of our "gross" rental income as my own (rental property jointly owned with my hubby in CA), and use it to satisfy the 125% poverty line requirement? This way I won't need to involve my hubby to sign I-864A. Since rental income usually has deductions and depreciation so the net is very little (or sometimes negative), that's why I ask for "gross" rental income not net rental income.

The other question related to the above is: can I just sponsor my sis, but not for her own family members? If I do, will that jeopardy their family members' (derivative beneficiary) chances to immigrant here? Frankly I'm not close to their husbands at all, and the sponsor contract really scares me.

What will they need to do in order to immigrant here? Do they need to find their own sponsors? Last time I checked, both husbands of my sis said they don't have any other relatives in the US which I'm not sure if it's truth or not. Also, can the family members immigrant later, still as derivative beneficiary of my petition, after my sisters get their GC and can sponsor them?

First time here. I appreciate any inputs and answers!

Since you and your husband file the I-846 the first together . Somehow got expire , I think it will be a great idea if both of you do it again .

Comment

Originally posted by Venson Loriston View Post
      Since you and your husband file the I-846 the first together . Somehow got expire , I think it will be a great idea if both of you do it again .
      Thank you. I understand your point. But the thing is: I don't want my husband involves this sponsorship anymore. That's why I'm seeking alternatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X