Petition for my brother and sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for my brother and sister

I became U.S. citizen 3 years ago. I was born in Mexico and my wife who is a U.S. citizen sponsored me. Now, I would like to sponsor my brother and sister who live in Mexico and I have the following questions:
    Do I only need to complete forms I-130 (Petition) and I-864 (Affidavit of Support)?
    Is there any advantages on submitting the forms with a lawyer? I completed all the forms for my sponsorship and the process is very similar.
    Once I submit the petition, can my brother and sister come to the U.S. for pleasure travel? We live close to the border and visit each other frequently.
    Does education or any other criteria provide any better chances of my petition to be processed faster?

Thanks in advance,

I haven't received any replies. Anyone who can help out there?

Comment

You file I-130 only. The I-864 and everything else only becomes relevant when a visa number becomes available in about 19 years.

It's very simple to fill out by yourself. Of course you can use a lawyer if you want.

They can visit the US if they can demonstrate ties to their home country, as always. They will have to disclose that they are the beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition when asked on the visa application.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        You file I-130 only. The I-864 and everything else only becomes relevant when a visa number becomes available in about 19 years.

It's very simple to fill out by yourself. Of course you can use a lawyer if you want.

They can visit the US if they can demonstrate ties to their home country, as always. They will have to disclose that they are the beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition when asked on the visa application.
        Thank you. It's simpler of what I thought, so sad the waiting is around 19 years, but it is what it is.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X