Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 question about Name change and Address

Hi,

I recently got married in India. I am an US citizen so I am filling out my I-130 petition to call my wife here. There are few questions that I am not too sure about.

1. My wife lives in Australia (on a work visa), and her Australian visa expires in August 2017. If I fill out all of her information with Australian address, will she get the interview in Australia before her visa expires? I was also considering to provide her indian (permanent) address in the I-130 form, so that way she gets the interview in India. She has no problem moving back to India before her interview date. But If I write her Indian address in I-130, then it's not going to match with her current address in G-325. Is that a problem?

Part 2: One option is I can write her Australian address in I-130 and I heard that you can change the address after filling for the petition. So if she doesn't get the interview till August, I can change her address to India. Does anyone know how hard is it to go this route?

2. Does she has to add spouse name in her Indian passport? And should we also change her name in her passport? Or can this be done after filing for I-130? Do I have to submit a copy of her passport with I-130 package?

3. Is there a way to contact USCIS regarding these questions? I tried calling 1800 375 5283, but I didn't get any option where I can talk to a live person who can help.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you in advance!

hello my husband and i are filling same forms, also having some troubles with it, i could say about the address you should write in all forms an address what matches with all forms, and the number 22 in the right side u can write where consular office she can go, about number 2 any changes u make u have to send them right address and u can do it online, about number 3 i dont know about that part finally number 4 u can call them and listen de menu options they have and they have option for help us citizens about forms, hope this help u bye

Originally posted by psoni View Post
    Hi,

I recently got married in India. I am an US citizen so I am filling out my I-130 petition to call my wife here. There are few questions that I am not too sure about.

1. My wife lives in Australia (on a work visa), and her Australian visa expires in August 2017. If I fill out all of her information with Australian address, will she get the interview in Australia before her visa expires? I was also considering to provide her indian (permanent) address in the I-130 form, so that way she gets the interview in India. She has no problem moving back to India before her interview date. But If I write her Indian address in I-130, then it's not going to match with her current address in G-325. Is that a problem?

Part 2: One option is I can write her Australian address in I-130 and I heard that you can change the address after filling for the petition. So if she doesn't get the interview till August, I can change her address to India. Does anyone know how hard is it to go this route?

2. Does she has to add spouse name in her Indian passport? And should we also change her name in her passport? Or can this be done after filing for I-130? Do I have to submit a copy of her passport with I-130 package?

3. Is there a way to contact USCIS regarding these questions? I tried calling 1800 375 5283, but I didn't get any option where I can talk to a live person who can help.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you in advance!

Comment

I also have a similar situation about address

Hi All,
      I have been petitioned from my family several years ago and I'm still waiting for that interview, I moved to USA to work under sponsorship visa but maintain my overseas address, I am wondering if I should go back overseas and keep waiting for that petition, I can't give a USA address correct?
      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X