Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do if my case is still in "Received" status after 6 months??? Panic!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do if my case is still in "Received" status after 6 months??? Panic!!

hi friends,

The green card petition through marriage was submitted in June 2016. The status has been "case received" since late July. (NY office) I called them a few weeks ago and they told me they are still processing Dec 2015's petitions!!

according to many of my friends and reading from this website, you can get the card within 6 months usually.

Does anyone know if this timeline is normal??? If not, is there anything else I can do to figure out what's going on??

Thank you!!

We are from Ny too our timeline are the same we still waiting

Originally posted by balik8881 View Post
    hi friends,

The green card petition through marriage was submitted in June 2016. The status has been "case received" since late July. (NY office) I called them a few weeks ago and they told me they are still processing Dec 2015's petitions!!

according to many of my friends and reading from this website, you can get the card within 6 months usually.

Does anyone know if this timeline is normal??? If not, is there anything else I can do to figure out what's going on??

Thank you!!

We just sent an online SR today

Comment

Uscis wait times

hi friends,

Thank you!!
      A couple of factors you need to know:
      Depending on your location, NY City or Queens are processing 01/2016 applications.
      All Applications go first from Chicago to the NSC "Nebraska Service Center" (I 485's are checked for accuracy and completion) You should have received your 797c "Notice of Action"
      Have you completed your biometrics appointment yet?
      Provided your background check was satisfactory you will receive a 797c stating that your ready for the interview process at the closest field office in your area.
      Supposedly for immediate family there is no wait for a visa number and processing takes 6 months.
      USCIS recommends that if you waited 6 months or longer you can send an enquiry about the status of your case, I'm sending you the link:

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
        Depending on your location, NY City or Queens are processing 01/2016 applications.
        All Applications go first from Chicago to the NSC "Nebraska Service Center" (I 485's are checked for accuracy and completion) You should have received your 797c "Notice of Action"
        Provided your background check was satisfactory you will receive a 797c stating that your ready for the interview process at the closest field office in your area.
        Supposedly for immediate family there is no wait for a visa number and processing takes 6 months.
        USCIS recommends that if you waited 6 months or longer you can send an enquiry about the status of your case, I'm sending you the link:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/dis...oPageType=onpt
        thank you!
        Biometric is done. They asked me to provide an additional document after I submitted the initial petition, I did that and they received it in July. so the last I-797 status I got is that "we have received your XYZ file, we are now beginning to review your case" in July. Since then, I've never heard anything else.

If New York is processing 01/2016 applications, means the processing time is actually 12 months instead of 6?

how to find out which office is taking care of my case?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/dis...oPageType=onpt

I actually just realized that I only received ASC appointment notice for I765 (EAD card), but I've never received the ASC appointment notice for I485.... they are two separate biometric?

Comment

I actually just realized that I only received ASC appointment notice for I765 (EAD card), but I've never received the ASC appointment notice for I485.... they are two separate biometric?
            Is only one

Comment

Originally posted by rebelde View Post
              Is only one
              thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X