I765 approve AOS Pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I765 approve AOS Pending

I came to United States on F1 visa. My wife is Green Card Holder and she filed I-130 in October, 2015 which got Approved in March, 2016. I filed for AOS, I-765 and I-131 in October,2016. I-765 got approved in Jan, 20017 and Figner Print done in November, 2016. I-131 and I-485 is still pending. Now, my question is my EAD has been approved so do i have to continue my F1 Student Visa status or is it okay if i drop my school and continue full time working? i am still waiting for my Interview call. Pleae help me out because i am getting mixed review about this situation. My primary lawyer suggested that i must have to maintain my F1 visa status until i get Interview letter while there are some online forms which says in this situation it is not necessary to maintain F1 status.
    Thank You.

You could drop your F1 status and stay in the US as soon as your I-485 was received, as a pending I-485 applicant can stay in the US regardless of whether they have status. Since you have an EAD, you can drop your status and still work.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X