I864 and I864A Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I864 and I864A Confusion

My father is a petitioner for my brother's family of 5 and the case is now with NVC. My father is retired and receives SS and I am unemployed. We are planning to use my other brother's income who lives at the same address as me and my father. I have following questions/confusion

1. Which AOS household size we go by? i864 or i864a?

2. I read in the instructions of AOS i864 that there are 2 joint sponsors allowed max with main sponsor's AOS. So if my brother's income is not enough to cover the household size, his income only covers 5 people according to Poverty Guidelines. Can I use my assets as a second joint sponsor to cover the difference?

I talked to someone expert in immigration matters, but I am not satisfied with his answers. The person told me that since I am unemployed my assets cannot be used. As per my understanding, and what I have read so far in the instructions on i864a, there is no mention of any such thing.

3. Is the joint sponsor's birth certificate also required to be attached to AOS packet? As per my understanding, only Naturalized certificate should be suffice.

Please advise.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X