Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 and I-864A Question

Hello,

I am the petitioner for my husband who is from South Africa and we are in the process of getting his green card. We submitted in October and got a RFE in November. They requested more assets or another joint sponsor. We do not have any other options for a joint sponsor. So, we kept my father as the joint sponsor and will be using his 2016 taxes to have sufficient income. His income the last 3 years has been negative but his income for 2016 will be positive. We got his 2016 taxes done early so we could submit a new I-864 form. We are pretty sure this will work (we did have some advice from a lawyer on this) but what do you all think?

We are also using land as a real-estate asset to make sure it is enough. However, my mother's name is also on the land deed so she is half owner. I know this means I need to complete 864a for her, but because they own it together, do I just but the same number for the value of the assets on both my father's i-862 and her I-86a? I don't know how to split it up since they are both owners of the land.

Our deadline is Feb 18th so a quick reply is greatly appreciated! We had to wait this long to get the taxes done.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X