need help! waiting for the green card, and pregnant now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help! waiting for the green card, and pregnant now

hi guys , here is my situation.please give me some ideas.
    i married with my husband at April last year ,and we are living together . my husband helped me to apply green card after our marriage , but we didn't do well at the interview. i am Chinese ,and my husband is a black man.thus, they don't believe we are real marriage. at the end of the interview we got a notice which said they couldn't give us any conclusion right now, they need us to wait three months. after that ,i got pregnant ,and i am five months now . we still didn't get any information or notice about that .i hope the green card can come as soon as possible so that we can go back to my country for a while. however my baby will due on July. what should we do now ?how can we tell them we have baby now and how can we prove our marriage is real ? please advice!!thank you so much!

You should have applied for Advance Parole (which is free) at the same time as applying for Adjustment of Status, and you usually get it within 90 days of applying, and after you get the AP you can travel out of the country and come back freely while waiting for the Adjustment of Status to process. If you haven't applied for it, or it has expired, you can apply (for free) now. But given that the baby is due in a few months, I don't think you will be traveling soon anyway. As for your case, I don't think there is anything to do but wait. It is true that evidence of the pregnancy is helpful evidence for the genuineness of the marriage, but I don't know if there is a way to add evidence now without them asking for it. You can bring it up at a future interview if there is one.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X