Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sb1 gc

Hello,

im GC holder since the beginning of 2017. My GC category is SB1 (returning resident). I would like to know if i can go back to my home country (Portugal) and marry my fiancé and then start filling I-130 petition.

How long does it takes approximatly?

I really appreciate your help!

Thank you!

The wait for visa numbers in the F2A category is almost 2 years

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Marcos View Post
      Hello,

im GC holder since the beginning of 2017. My GC category is SB1 (returning resident). I would like to know if i can go back to my home country (Portugal) and marry my fiancé and then start filling I-130 petition.

Thank you!
      Hi, How long did it take you to get green card after entering US as returning resident? Did you file form I 90? My parents green card was taken away during the SB1 visa interview and were told they will get it after entering USA. They were not told if there is any procedure to get it. They have been here for more than 3 months and still have not received the cards. Wondering what are the next steps. Any help will be really appreciated.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Marcos View Post
        Hello,

Thank you!
        If I were you, I will not mess with with my Green Card status. It may be better to wait for your US Citizenship and then sponsor your fiance. It complicates matters extensively once you start to go out of the country, go back, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by skrithika View Post
        My parents green card was taken away during the SB1 visa interview and were told they will get it after entering USA. They were not told if there is any procedure to get it. They have been here for more than 3 months and still have not received the cards. Wondering what are the next steps. Any help will be really appreciated.
        Thanks!
        I had the SB1 visa interview and even though I was denied, my Green Card was not taken away from me. Make inquiries to know if this is the usual procedure. How were they able to re-enter the US?
        Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X