Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 questions

Hello,

I'm filing for my mother who has visited us several times, and is now thinking of filing for green card. I had some questions on the I-130:

1. On the "Beneficiary's Physical Address", what do I put down? Do I put down my address in the USA where she is staying now? Or do I put down her foreign address?

2. On the question (24) about Beneficiary's Family, it's asks to list the children. One of her children, her daughter (my sister), passed away 3 years ago. Do I list all her children, or just the ones who are currently alive. I have right now put down her daughter and wrote in Relationship "Daughter (Deceased)". Any suggestions on what to do?

3. Her spouse has passed away. Should I list him as SPOUSE 1, and put the "Marriage end date" as the date when he passed away? (that's what I've done now).

Thank you all,

Z.

Originally posted by zedman View Post
    1. On the "Beneficiary's Physical Address", what do I put down? Do I put down my address in the USA where she is staying now? Or do I put down her foreign address?
    You are doing Adjustment of Status for her in the US, right? You are filing I-130 and I-485 together for her, right? Put her US address.

2. On the question (24) about Beneficiary's Family, it's asks to list the children. One of her children, her daughter (my sister), passed away 3 years ago. Do I list all her children, or just the ones who are currently alive. I have right now put down her daughter and wrote in Relationship "Daughter (Deceased)". Any suggestions on what to do?
    All her children

3. Her spouse has passed away. Should I list him as SPOUSE 1, and put the "Marriage end date" as the date when he passed away? (that's what I've done now).
    yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Quesitons on I-130 about relationship and name change

I have a very simple question. If I'm applying for a green card for my mother, when I'm filling out the i-130, which option do I pick to describe the relationship (only one that makes sense is "child was born to parents who were married to each other at the time of the child's birth". Is that the right one to pick? Just seems a bit strange as I'm the child here.

Also, regarding name change: she was married twice, and then changed her name after her second marriage. So my last name doesn't match her last name. To show that her name has changed, I'm submitting the following to support that her name has changed: old passport copies, divorce certificate (showing her old names), marriage certificate (new name). Would that suffice?

Thanks all.

Comment

I have a very simple question. If I'm applying for a green card for my mother, when I'm filling out the i-130, which option do I pick to describe the relationship (only one that makes sense is "child was born to parents who were married to each other at the time of the child's birth". Is that the right one to pick? Just seems a bit strange as I'm the child here.
        Yes, if this is your biological mother and your biological parents were married to each other when you were born. They just want to separate out the born in wedlock, born out of wedlock, stepchild, and adopted child cases. For the mother, born in wedlock and out of wedlock doesn't matter; just pick the appropriate option on the form.

Also, regarding name change: she was married twice, and then changed her name after her second marriage. So my last name doesn't match her last name. To show that her name has changed, I'm submitting the following to support that her name has changed: old passport copies, divorce certificate (showing her old names), marriage certificate (new name). Would that suffice?
        If she changed her name as part of the marriage, then the marriage certificate is proof of the name change. If she changed it in court, then the court order is the proof of the name change. Don't need other things.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X