Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I864 -Prt3-Information About the Immigrants You are Sponsoring, please correct the fo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I864 -Prt3-Information About the Immigrants You are Sponsoring, please correct the fo

I am a US citizen. I have filed permanent residence for my wife (CR1) an her two unmarried daughters (CR2 category) (13 year old 9 year old) who are my step daughters (not adopted).

I file I-130, DS-260 and payed all required fees. As per the instruction, I filed three Affidavit of Support (I-864).

Today, I received a letter from NVC with the following message"

[x] In Part 3. Information About the Immigrants You are Sponsoring, please correct the following:
    [x] Item 3.a. through 27. This case's visa category does not allow accompanying family members; therefore, you cannot list family members in this section.

I am the petitioner who filed three separate I-864 for wife and two children. Here is how I filed Part 3 section of I-864
    For my wife,
    I checked Item 1 and Item 2
    Item 3a - 27 - I added my two stepdaughters details in Family Member 1 and Family Member 2 sections.

Similarly, For my first daughter,
    I checked line Item 1 and Item 2
    Item 3a - 27 - I added my wife details in Family Member 1 and second daughter's name in Family Member 2 section.

I would appreciate any help!

Did you file separate I-130 petition packages for each child? Since your wife has immediate priority, the children are not eligible for derivative visas and must be petitioned separately.

--Ray B

Originally posted by avasudev View Post
    I am a US citizen. I have filed permanent residence for my wife (CR1) an her two unmarried daughters (CR2 category) (13 year old 9 year old) who are my step daughters (not adopted).

I file I-130, DS-260 and payed all required fees. As per the instruction, I filed three Affidavit of Support (I-864).

[x] In Part 3. Information About the Immigrants You are Sponsoring, please correct the following:
    [x] Item 3.a. through 27. This case's visa category does not allow accompanying family members; therefore, you cannot list family members in this section.

I am the petitioner who filed three separate I-864 for wife and two children. Here is how I filed Part 3 section of I-864
    For my wife,
    Item 3a - 27 - I added my two stepdaughters details in Family Member 1 and Family Member 2 sections.

Item 3a - 27 - I added my wife details in Family Member 1 and second daughter's name in Family Member 2 section.

Comment

Originally posted by avasudev View Post

For my wife,

The Family Member 1, 2, 3, 4 in Part 3 are for the derivative beneficiaries of the petition. Each of your two petitions didn't have any (and, like rayb said, couldn't have any) derivative beneficiaries, so you must leave Part 3 items 2 - 27 blank, and enter 1 in Part 3 item 28.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X