Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of address messed up by officer before interview -- help needed

Hi everyone,

I have a questions about change of address before interview . It's kinda urgent....

I filed my marriage based green card in September 2016 and now I am waiting for the interview . Current status is in AOS (adjustment of status). Since I am going to move to a different state, I triied to change my address online today. I kept on getting an error msg saying the form number does not match the receipt number so I decided to call.

I spoke to an agent to change address but the process was pretty depressing. I told the lady on the phone the old and new address but it sounded like to me she was confused. I was worried about that she did not get the right address so I confirm with her 3 times. During the phone call she refused to repeat the full address, she only told me the street number and I had to tell her 3 times of the city and zip code.

After hanging off the phone, I was still suspicious about the accuracy of the address so I called them again. This time a guy picked up the phone. He firstly asked who changed my address, then told me the address was all messed up (his original words). He recommended me to mail an AR-11 form to the immigration office to change address again. He also told me there was NOTHING he could do to help me unless I waited for another 30 days. I am not able to wait for that long since I am already moving.

Is there anyone have encountered similar situation? I have been waiting for the interview for 6 months and I foresee it is coming soon. I don't want to mess up things so looking for help in this forum... I would really appreciate anyone's input.

Many thanks....

IF you were scheduled an interview you can directly make changes at the consulate by emailing them or calling NVC and asking their opinion,

This is not a legal advice

Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X