Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In removal proceedings, Applied for Green Card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In removal proceedings, Applied for Green Card.

HI everyone,

I have been an active member here and thanks everyone with information they have been providing.

I'm in removal proceedings and my attorney had suggested to just file for I-130 for now.

I've been married since 2005. I had an approved I-130 .. to make the story short.. it was revoked in 2013.

Do you think I should only stick with I-130 which has already been filed and have received I-797c in the mail already.

What would you do if you were in my shoes? (Distressed and depressed )

If I was in your shoes, I would be forthright with all the facts of your case - so that you can get the best help possible

Why was your I-130 revoked? What's up with your marriage?

You've been married for twelve years - why have you waited so long to do something about your immigration status?

Why have you been placed in removal proceedings?

In general, USCIS does not have jurisdiction to adjudicate an application to adjust status when the applicant is in removal proceedings

Comment

Thank you for responding, really appreciate it.

Marriage was falling apart due to my immigration status.. stress and always worrying about stuff...

We took time off from each other and at that point i didnt care much about my green card... there were more problems in my life as i was 21 and she was 20...she later got pregnant by another man.. (they weren't together ever)

After a few years later we got back again and still are since 2010-2011 begn... We never received any letter from USCIS as they stated wrong zip code.

Removal proceeding was initiated when I lost my asylum case in 04. (My attorney delayed my package by 1 day for I-130, I-485) I was young didn't know much.. he later asked me to pay him for motion to reopen.. so that was filed 2 weeks prior to my I-130/I-485 interview)

Approved I-130 in 2005, revoked in 2013.

Comment

Please write what you think I should be doing at this point,

Also do you think it's wise for me to go back to school and finish my bachelor's?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X