Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help , when Mail is lost or cannot locate

Hello All,

I have a situation at hand. I am US citizen filed for my mothers GC. I had a RFE and send the evidence of Medical exam form I693, along with G325 A to a local field office. There is deadline that the RFE should reach the local USCIS office by May 22nd. The letter was mailed on Friday May 12th. The USPS tried to deliver it on Saturday the tracking said that they will hold the letter until they open for business which would have been May 15th. The letter has not reached there until May 17th. Long story short I called yesterday and they said letter carrier delivered it and she forgot to scan, so now on USPS site it says it is delivered. , Do USCIS scan the papers right away after they receive it?. I am considering taking the papers personally and delivering it to the office. Has anyone been in this situation before. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Originally posted by fraval View Post
    Hello All,

I have a situation at hand. I am US citizen filed for my mothers GC. I had a RFE and send the evidence of Medical exam form I693, along with G325 A to a local field office. There is deadline that the RFE should reach the local USCIS office by May 22nd. The letter was mailed on Friday May 12th. The USPS tried to deliver it on Saturday the tracking said that they will hold the letter until they open for business which would have been May 15th. The letter has not reached there until May 17th. Long story short I called yesterday and they said letter carrier delivered it and she forgot to scan, so now on USPS site it says it is delivered. , Do USCIS scan the papers right away after they receive it?. I am considering taking the papers personally and delivering it to the office. Has anyone been in this situation before. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
    What does scan the papers mean? are you expecting it to show online or a status update online?

Comment

If I was in your situation and I was able to, I would take it in personally on Monday.
      Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X