Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for Marriage Based Green Card after a Fraudulent Marriage and Deportation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Marriage Based Green Card after a Fraudulent Marriage and Deportation

Hi guys. A friend of mine is in desperate situation, and really needs help.
    She married a guy from Nigeria (I believe), and has 2 daughters with him.
    He originally entered the US legally (on a visitor's visa?) and ended up getting married to a US citizen.
    Well he got a green card through her, but they got a divorce, and she went on to tell the immigration officers that the marriage was a sham (it wasn't), after he had remarried.
    Him and his current wife (my friend) have appealed the courts to the highest level, but the ruling stands, and can no longer be appealed. He was then deported, leaving his then pregnant wife to give birth to twin girls alone, and to raise them by herself the first 2 years, never even meeting them until they finally moved to Nigeria, and stayed there for 3 years. Now the girls are of school age, and she took them back to the States so that they can go to school here, while he remained at home.
    They have filed I-130 back in 2011. She had the interview by herself, and nothing even came from it since. The case status still states: Case was received. She has files I-601, which was denied.

I was thinking about I-212, along with another I-601, to hopefully just get him back into the states, but then what? As I understand it, once he has been accused on fraudulent marriage, he is not able to re-apply for marriage based green card (ever?).
    Anyone has any experience with this? Your help would be sooooo appreciated!

Thank you!

There is a lot of missing information here

What court cases are you referring to? Did he face criminal prosecution?

Was there ever a formal finding of marriage fraud? What happened to the green card he recieved on the basis of his first marriage?

ICE operates a marriage fraud hotline. The agents tend to be very skeptical of the reports they receive because of the unreasonably large number of reports they get from scorned spouses. That is to say it is very common for the citizen petitioner to cry "marriage fraud" after their marriage breaks down. In true marriage fraud, the citizen co-conspirator has very little incentive to incriminate themselves by reporting it. A complainant who is angry and emotional is not regarded as credible. That kind of emotion can only result from the dissolution of a bona fide relationship

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X