I-30 for under age daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-30 for under age daughter

Hello. How's everybody here? I been searching to internet but im so happy now i found this website. I have a easy question hope you give me a answer. Thank you.

I am 28 years old, 10years GC, my daughter is 10years old. I was married 2011 and arrived here in US 11/06/14 but then i got divorced 12/16/15

Anyway i filed I-130 for my daughter and got the receipt on 12/05/16 but i don't know how long it take to get approve for the I-130?

Is anybody here know long it take to approve the I-130 for under age children?
    Last edited by umaasalangako; 06-10-2017, 03:42 PM.

Hi,
    Since your still holding a green card, your child is under the category f2a.

According to the visa bulletin for category f2a for PHILIPPINES is august 2015.
    Unless you get your citizenship, your child will have her/his visa avail immediately.

Just my opinion, you should consult lawyer/expert.

Comment

Originally posted by umaasalangako View Post
      Hello. How's everybody here? I been searching to internet but im so happy now i found this website. I have a easy question hope you give me a answer. Thank you.

I am 28 years old, filipina with 10years GC, my daughter is 10years old living in Philippines. I was married 2011 and arrived here in US 11/06/14 but then i got divorced 12/16/15

Anyway i filed I-130 for my daughter and got the receipt on 12/05/16 but i don't know how long it take to get approve for the I-130?

Is anybody here know long it take to approve the I-130 for under age children?
      How long it takes to approve the I-130 doesn't matter -- I-130 approval doesn't allow you to proceed to the next step. You still need to wait until a visa number is available (or close to becoming available) for the category and priority date to proceed to the next step. F2A has a wait for visa numbers of almost 2 years. They will start the consular processing process a few months before a visa number becomes available.

How did you get your GC?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        How long it takes to approve the I-130 doesn't matter -- I-130 approval doesn't allow you to proceed to the next step. You still need to wait until a visa number is available (or close to becoming available) for the category and priority date to proceed to the next step. F2A has a wait for visa numbers of almost 2 years. They will start the consular processing process a few months before a visa number becomes available.

How did you get your GC?

I was married to USC 2011-2015
        Last edited by umaasalangako; 06-10-2017, 03:45 PM.

Comment

i am filing for my 6-years-old stepson

I am about to send in the form i-130 for my stepson abroad. I have been married to his mother and she is now an LPR. unfortunately, due to some personal reasons, we were not able to file his petition together with her last year so we are just doing it now. the new form i-130 is confusing and i only have one question, about the beneficiary's address, should i put his mailing address on 13.a? his physical address cannot receive any mails so i'm worried they'll send him documents and not be able to receive any. i don't even know if they will be sending him documents. i just want to make sure. and his mailing address don't fit either.

Comment

Originally posted by fynolang View Post
            I am about to send in the form i-130 for my stepson abroad. I have been married to his mother and she is now an LPR. unfortunately, due to some personal reasons, we were not able to file his petition together with her last year so we are just doing it now. the new form i-130 is confusing and i only have one question, about the beneficiary's address, should i put his mailing address on 13.a? his physical address cannot receive any mails so i'm worried they'll send him documents and not be able to receive any. i don't even know if they will be sending him documents. i just want to make sure. and his mailing address don't fit either.
            same applies to me, my wife and i couldnt file for my daughter because her income at that time wouldnt be enough for both of us. now we trying to file for her.

with your case i think you can use your address as beneficiary address and inform her of any notice u recieve, i have a friend we did the same thing.

this is my opinion and not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X