Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your advice about interview

Hi guys,
    Intro about my case: Back in July 2015 I have petitioned for my wife and a son, received a checklist around Jan 2017 Case completed April 2017. Case reopened April 2017 to add my youngest son, case completed June 2017 and waiting for interview to be scheduled.
    So basically my case was completed twice once in April 2017 and once in June 2017.
    BTW I am the petitioner and sponsor and my brother is the co sponsor (earns well) and we live in the same household.
    Here comes the problem,
    The time when my case was completed first in April 2017, until then the financial documents on file were of me an my brother, I had submitted by tax returns from the year 2013-2015 and the same documents of my brother.
    The second time as I had to add my youngest son so they asked for new AOS, which was sent with my brothers all recent 3 years tax returns and mine same documents from the last time i.e. tax returns of the year 2013-2015, as I was jobless in the year 2016 (didnt earn a single penny, for some personal reasons) I did not file for tax return and more over my brother added me as a dependent in his tax returns.
    So basically I do not have a W2 for the year 2016 as I am listed as one of the dependent in my brothers tax returns.

Now NVC says that they completed my case and forwarded it to embassy in India where at the time of interview my wife has to show W2 or form 1099 or IRS tax transcripts for the sponsor to the visa officer.
    These are the documents they want.
    You must submit the following financial evidence:
    [x] Your ___2016____ IRS transcript from the most recent tax year.
    [x] A copy of every W-2 form that relates to your____2016___ tax returns.

What chance does my case stand in terms of getting an immigrant visa for my wife and 2 sons?
    I am a doctor and my wife is also a doctor and we are not earning right now because we are preparing for the Medical licensing examinations USMLE.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X