Accompany, paid Visa but Consul said im Overage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accompany, paid Visa but Consul said im Overage

I'm in the Status Accompany with my Parents. We are under F4. I had my interview last Aug 4, I had done my Medical because they advise me, then I paid my Visa during the pre-screening interview. Then when i got interviewd by the Consul, she said I'm too old to continue the Visa application. What can I do with it? When i check my parents case i'm still in Accompany. Can we appeal this? I'm currently 23 y/o now but we believe i'm under Cspa. Hope someone can help me or give some advice. Thanks

How long was the petition pending?

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      How long was the petition pending?
      It's pending for 23 years. Priority was current last May i think

Comment

Originally posted by mgraciee02 View Post
        It's pending for 23 years. Priority was current last May i think
        No. You are saying the wait for a visa number to become available was 23 years. But the I-130 petition itself takes no more than a few years to approve. How long did it take to approve (i.e. time from filing of I-130 to approval of I-130)?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          No. You are saying the wait for a visa number to become available was 23 years. But the I-130 petition itself takes no more than a few years to approve. How long did it take to approve (i.e. time from filing of I-130 to approval of I-130)?

Hi sir. Oh, its May 1994 sir.

Comment

Hi sir. Oh, its May 1994 sir.
            To answer the questions posed by newacct and inadmissible, you need to mention both your I130 application date and its approval date.
            Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
              To answer the questions posed by newacct and inadmissible, you need to mention both your I130 application date and its approval date.
              Hi, scientist2016. Im not sure about the application date but my parents receieved letter before and its Decemeber 02, 1993 and was Approved May 20,1994. Priority date is September 17,1993

Comment

Hi, scientist2016. Im not sure about the application date but my parents receieved letter before and its Decemeber 02, 1993 and was Approved May 20,1994. Priority date is September 17,1993
                There you go. So, for CSPA considerations, your petition has been pending for (May 20, 1994- Sep 17, 1993) = 245 days. This means that you will be eligible for CSPA as long as you are within 245 days beyond 21 yrs.

Comment

There you go. So, for CSPA considerations, your petition has been pending for (May 20, 1994- Sep 17, 1993) = 245 days. This means that you will be eligible for CSPA as long as you are within 245 days beyond 21 yrs.

So, do you think i'm still eligible for CSPA? My DOB is October 12, 1993.

Comment

No, you are not

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
                      No, you are not
                      But why am I still in status Accompany sir? Will they consider it?

Comment

As inadmissible already answered, unfortunately you have aged out of CSPA.

Comment

As inadmissible already answered, unfortunately you have aged out of CSPA.

Oh, embassy should have said it before they let me pay my visa. But, thank you so much to all who clarified it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X