Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Visa - Please Help!!

Hello,

I am in desperate need here. My now ex-wife has an approved Immigration Visa that will expire in the middle of September 2017.
    She finally got it approved early this year but we recently filed a divorce in our country. So we are no longer a married couple. This means we no longer share the same last name, which is printed on the approved Visa. (So I'd think the Visa is no longer valid as well...)
    But in any case, she does not have any intention to move to the States with that Immigration Visa but are there any legal actions my ex-wife or I should take?

I did not want USCIS to think this whole thing was a fraud. It was real but unfortunately it just did not work out after all. The thing is she does not have any intention to move to the States. I'd imagine there would be a number of issues if she did indeed have intentions to live in the States. It is not the case but I don't want her to have any trouble when she visits the US in the future, not to live but just to visit for a few weeks.

Are there any legal actions we should take on this? Or can she just let it expire and still visit the US without any trouble in the future? And are there any legal actions I should take to avoid risks of potentially losing my current permanent resident status?

Please help me. I thank you in advance for your help.

You can just let it expire.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. She will not have any issues visiting the US as a tourist in the future?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X