Affidavit of support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of support

Hi ,my sister petitioned my dad to come to the U.S , and since she isn't working she used me a joint sponsor , but at the time of interview they told my dad that the affidavit of support doesn't meet the poverty guideline, my question is : when they calculate the income and dependents, the combine all dependents together ( sponsor's dependents + joint sponsor's dependents) or separately? Because my income compared to my dependents is enough , and also im asking if putting same address for me and my sister affect the total of dependents, thank you

can anyone help ?

Please if someone has an answer provide it

Comment

Originally posted by badreddine View Post
      Hi ,my sister petitioned my dad to come to the U.S , and since she isn't working she used me a joint sponsor , but at the time of interview they told my dad that the affidavit of support doesn't meet the poverty guideline, my question is : when they calculate the income and dependents, the combine all dependents together ( sponsor's dependents + joint sponsor's dependents) or separately? Because my income compared to my dependents is enough , and also im asking if putting same address for me and my sister affect the total of dependents, thank you
      Your household size is you and your spouse and your dependents, plus the immigrant (your dad). The other sponsor's dependents are not relevant. Other people in the same residence are not counted if they are not your dependents.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X