Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage fraud? Spouse cheated me and move out after filing I-751

Hi
    My wife, whom I sponsored for green card, filed I-751 ( which I helped) and moved out telling me she did not love me. I knew she was having affair.
    She is still waiting for her permanent green card .She has the temporary ( 2 years) right now.
    While I married her for life, I feel now that she might have just married me to come to the USA.
    What can I do? Should I tell immigration? I already filed for divorce.
    I am told that immigration does not necessarily call for interview for permanent green card, so she and I do not have to go for interview together. However, I feel so hurt and cheated and she should not enjoy her life because of me bringing her.
    Thanks for you advice.

If USCIS does schedule an interview, you must both attend, or risk denial. Your experience, of losing a spouse at about 2 years from start of marriage, is fairly common, and USCIS is somewhat tolerant of this common experience, UNLESS EVIDENCE CAN BE SHOW THAT ADVANCE INTENT WAS PLANNED, WHICH MIGHT BE CONSTRUED AS IMMIGRATION FRAUD.

--Ray B

Originally posted by GCP2000 View Post
    Hi
    My wife, whom I sponsored for green card, filed I-751 ( which I helped) and moved out telling me she did not love me. I knew she was having affair.
    She is still waiting for her permanent green card .She has the temporary ( 2 years) right now.
    While I married her for life, I feel now that she might have just married me to come to the USA.
    What can I do? Should I tell immigration? I already filed for divorce.
    I am told that immigration does not necessarily call for interview for permanent green card, so she and I do not have to go for interview together. However, I feel so hurt and cheated and she should not enjoy her life because of me bringing her.
    Thanks for you advice.

Comment

Has been 8 months since I 751 was filed

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      If USCIS does schedule an interview, you must both attend, or risk denial. Your experience, of losing a spouse at about 2 years from start of marriage, is fairly common, and USCIS is somewhat tolerant of this common experience, UNLESS EVIDENCE CAN BE SHOW THAT ADVANCE INTENT WAS PLANNED, WHICH MIGHT BE CONSTRUED AS IMMIGRATION FRAUD.

--Ray B
      Thanks for response. It has been 8 months since I 751 was filed but they have not called for interview. I don' t think there will be an interview and she will get her permanent gc.

Comment

Originally posted by GCP2000 View Post
        I don' t think there will be an interview and she will get her permanent gc.
        So? How does that affect you? If there is no interview and there is nothing else that is asked from you, how does that affect you? If it doesn't affect you, and you just want to hurt the other person, then that's a bad reason to do something.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Your anger & anguish is proof positive that the marriage was bona fide. Anything you try to do to lash out at her will in fact further strengthen her case for removal of conditions

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X