Foreign Driver's License and Pending Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Driver's License and Pending Application

Since a "pending I-485 and I-130" is a status recognized by the US government, can my husband still drive on his foreign (Venezuelan) license, that is valid, until his application is approved (as in after his I-94 has expired)?

And no, we didn't apply for EAD though may in the future when our finances can afford it.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
    Since a "pending I-485 and I-130" is a status recognized by the US government, can my husband still drive on his foreign (Venezuelan) license, that is valid, until his application is approved (as in after his I-94 has expired)?
    What one can drive on is governed by state rules and are different in each state.

And no, we didn't apply for EAD though may in the future when our finances can afford it.
    Both I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are free for I-485 applicants.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      What one can drive on is governed by state rules and are different in each state.

Both I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are free for I-485 applicants.
      They are? Thanks so much for the information. Is there a section on those forms where you can indicate that you're applying with an i-485?

Comment

They are? Thanks so much for the information. Is there a section on those forms where you can indicate that you're applying with an i-485?
        You either file them together with I-485 or you attach a copy of your I-485 receipt when filing the form. For I-765, make sure to put category (c)(9).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X