Medical Exam error after green card interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Exam error after green card interview

Hello guys, I had my interview with my husband (US citizen) on 2/21 in Cleveland. Everything went well, the officer was really nice.

He said all our material/application looked good EXCEPT A SMALL ERROR in our medical exam, the civil surgeon (or the nurse who prepared the document) put the date on a spot where the name of one test should be at. He said it should be fine, but still there might be a slight chance that they could still ask me to get the corrected document from the physician again.

He also mentioned that at the end of the medical exam, there is a page that has a list of all the tests and vaccines I've done, so maybe that will indicate the test name and make up for their error. He gave us the paper at the end checking the box saying "cannot make a decision yet" (he said he would like to select "recommend for approval", but since that error, he really couldn't, but it may or may not be a big issue, and he had to talk to the supervisor about it too). At the end of the interview, he did say that "you'll get your greencard in 4 weeks, and please remember to remove the condition in 2 years ...."

I'm a little bit worried right now, especially we've done everything we could to make sure the application was good, and now it's someone else's fault that could have an effect on the timeline of getting the greencard. And it's such a random small error because they put the date on the test name section.

I checked the status of my case online, and it still says "interview is scheduled". I know for a lot of people, their status will be updated to "case approved" the same day of the interview. And this makes me think that they will very likely ask me to provide a new document again (that I will have to go see the nurse/physician again for a new one).

What do you guys think about this situation? Anyone with similar experience or any experienced recommendation, could you please share your thoughts? Truly truly appreciate it!!!!!!

The online status is often not updated to reflect the what is current, so I wouldn't base anything off that in itself. To this date my I-130 status has not been updated from the initial received status and I received my 10 year green card last June along with the mailed I-130 approval notice around the same time.

Originally posted by clevelandzimo View Post
    Hello guys, I had my interview with my husband (US citizen) on 2/21 in Cleveland. Everything went well, the officer was really nice.

He said all our material/application looked good EXCEPT A SMALL ERROR in our medical exam, the civil surgeon (or the nurse who prepared the document) put the date on a spot where the name of one test should be at. He said it should be fine, but still there might be a slight chance that they could still ask me to get the corrected document from the physician again.

He also mentioned that at the end of the medical exam, there is a page that has a list of all the tests and vaccines I've done, so maybe that will indicate the test name and make up for their error. He gave us the paper at the end checking the box saying "cannot make a decision yet" (he said he would like to select "recommend for approval", but since that error, he really couldn't, but it may or may not be a big issue, and he had to talk to the supervisor about it too). At the end of the interview, he did say that "you'll get your greencard in 4 weeks, and please remember to remove the condition in 2 years ...."

I'm a little bit worried right now, especially we've done everything we could to make sure the application was good, and now it's someone else's fault that could have an effect on the timeline of getting the greencard. And it's such a random small error because they put the date on the test name section.

I checked the status of my case online, and it still says "interview is scheduled". I know for a lot of people, their status will be updated to "case approved" the same day of the interview. And this makes me think that they will very likely ask me to provide a new document again (that I will have to go see the nurse/physician again for a new one).

What do you guys think about this situation? Anyone with similar experience or any experienced recommendation, could you please share your thoughts? Truly truly appreciate it!!!!!!

Comment

Update

I definitely over-thought about this situation by relying too much on the online status.
      2 weeks after the interview (3/7/18), online status changed from "interview scheduled" to "card mailed to me"
      3/8/18 - usps notification with the tracking number of greencard (scheduled to be delivered on 3/10)
      3/9/18 - received greencard in mail a day earlier

Originally posted by clevelandzimo View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X