Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a Foreign Passport Need To Be Translated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a Foreign Passport Need To Be Translated?

My husband's passport from Venezuela is also printed in English as well as Spanish (and obviously his Visa is in English as well). Does his main passport page really need to be translated? Has anyone ever gotten asked for a translated copy of a alien spouse main passport page? Help!

Passports are sort of like international airline pilots...though they may have a different primary language, passports and international airline pilots must use English.

All passports I have seen, besides those from English-speaking countries, contain critical information in English besides the native language.

The language of international flights is English.

--Ray B

Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
    My husband's passport from Venezuela is also printed in English as well as Spanish (and obviously his Visa is in English as well). Does his main passport page really need to be translated? Has anyone ever gotten asked for a translated copy of a alien spouse main passport page? Help!
    Last edited by rayb; 02-25-2018, 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling and punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Passports are sort of like international airline pilots...though they may have a different primary language, passports and international airline pilots must use English.

All passports I have seen, besides those from English-speaking countries, contain critical information in English besides the native language.

The language of international flights is English.

--Ray B
      Thank you! I had a hunch this was the answer but it never hurts to double check.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X