Urgent Help! Timeframe for I-130, Greencard for parent of US citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help! Timeframe for I-130, Greencard for parent of US citizen

Hello, I am a US citizen, and I applied for my father's green card back in December of 2017. I have received the I-797C Notice of Action in the same month, with a priority date on December 22, 2017 and a receipt number starting with "LIN" denoting the Lincoln, Nebraska service center. As of now, it's been over 2 months, and I haven't been able to see any indication of the case when I look on on the online case status. The case simply doesn't exist. Previously a USCIS agent said it takes about 45 days for the case to show up on their online database, but obviously is has now been longer. On a different call, another agent said that there's glitch in their system of some sort. In short, their customer service has been very uninformative.
    If anyone has RECENTLY applied for greencard for parents (all past timeline related posts are of older applicants), would you kindly be able to share with me how long after receiving the notice of action were you able to track the case's online status, and how long did it take before you received the next set of papers/instructions from USCIS?

I am quite worried over here with all the recent immigration rule changes being proposed, and just want the case to be processed as soon as possible. So if anyone has any information about their recent experiences they would like to share, it would be highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. God Bless!

I have read of this issue about receipt number not recognized by USCIS but if you have the paper notice, then that shouldn't worry you. This is what I would recommend: since it has been two months and you still don't see your case online, call every 2 weeks and ask the level 1 USCIS rep for the status (assuming they see it), if not have it escalated to level 2 and have them open a case for this problem you encounter (and the fact that you have to keep calling them for status).

Also, by the way, the other forum - visa journey (Google it) is much more active for I-130 tracking. It is taking currently around 7 months for the I-130 to process at Nebraska and Texas per the actual reports in that forum. You'll either get a approval notice or RFE (Request for Evidence) asking for some missing documentation or such. Not sure if you are doing an adjustment of status or consular processing but the next step would depend on that.

Originally posted by santiago1989 View Post
    Hello, I am a US citizen, and I applied for my father's green card back in December of 2017. I have received the I-797C Notice of Action in the same month, with a priority date on December 22, 2017 and a receipt number starting with "LIN" denoting the Lincoln, Nebraska service center. As of now, it's been over 2 months, and I haven't been able to see any indication of the case when I look on on the online case status. The case simply doesn't exist. Previously a USCIS agent said it takes about 45 days for the case to show up on their online database, but obviously is has now been longer. On a different call, another agent said that there's glitch in their system of some sort. In short, their customer service has been very uninformative.
    If anyone has RECENTLY applied for greencard for parents (all past timeline related posts are of older applicants), would you kindly be able to share with me how long after receiving the notice of action were you able to track the case's online status, and how long did it take before you received the next set of papers/instructions from USCIS?

I am quite worried over here with all the recent immigration rule changes being proposed, and just want the case to be processed as soon as possible. So if anyone has any information about their recent experiences they would like to share, it would be highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. God Bless!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X