How to get Parent marriage certificate in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Parent marriage certificate in India

My mom passed away and now I am trying to get my Dad greencard, looks like I need their marriage certificate but they never registered their marriage in Delhi, any idea what are some other alternatives?
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Default How to get Parent marriage certificate in India

Ask your father to visit near by Taluk Office and request them he needs the marriage cert and never been registered earlier.
    He can still register the marriage certificate there and get one.

Comment

Originally posted by meghamal View Post
      My mom passed away and now I am trying to get my Dad greencard, looks like I need their marriage certificate but they never registered their marriage in Delhi, any idea what are some other alternatives?
      Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
      You can an affidavit notarised. This is valid, since registration of marriage became mandatory the nly in the nineties. The US embassy knows this and accepts notarised affidavits from India.

Comment

Were you able to get answer for this?
        Did you get marriage certificate or alternatives ?

Originally posted by meghamal View Post
        Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

any update or template for the affidavits?

Same situation - what did you end up doing? Are there any templates available for this?

Thanks!

Originally posted by rkaushik1961 View Post
          You can an affidavit notarised. This is valid, since registration of marriage became mandatory the nly in the nineties. The US embassy knows this and accepts notarised affidavits from India.

Comment

You can get your marriage certificate in India with the help of MyAdvo. You can visit their website online to avail their services. I needed some legal services and that is when I found MyAdvo. They have affordable fees and charges and offer great services. You can view the customer review if you want to know if they are genuine and authentic. You can also check their FAQ section if you have any doubts regarding how to obtain your marriage certificate in India. They explain the whole process step-by-step so that you can understand the legal procedure in detail. You can also find the sample documents shown on their website. It can be easily downloaded to get an idea of how application and affidavit looks. Such online services are really helpful because they save you from going back and forth with official person in-charge. They also offer many other legal services and also provide you with a lawyer. And do not worry about your location, you can easily choose where you live and they will arrange the services accordingly. I hope this was helpful.
            MyAdvo helps you give your marriage a legal recognition by helping it get registered and certified through expert professionals in the most hassle-free and effective way.

Comment

I have the same problem, I have an RFE for marriage certificate for my father. I do have the affidavits from 2 of my relatives who attended the marriage. Is this enough ?
              I can also provide the aadhar and passport of my mother where the spouse name is listed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X