Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2a consular processing experience- 21 yr old- cspa

Hi everyone!

I've been coming to this page for years and was going through my own process, my case is one I have found little information on unfortunately. This is why I shall tell my story - and thank you to those who have and continue to provide us with their own experiences.

My parent petitioned me in 2016 when I was over 18 years of age and still under 21. Therefore I fell under the immigrant visa category F2A with a priority date of March 14, 2016.

2 years passed as I waited for my priority date to become current, then on NOV 21 2017 NVC accepted all my documentation and I was in line awaiting my appointment date in LIM. Around March 2017 my priority date would've become current and a month in advance I was granted my appointment date.

I flew down . Now in my case I had to have my medical exam 7 days in advance of my consular interview. The med exam was painless, I thankfully had all the required vaccinations so required none and all I had to do was a physical, blood/urine tests.

On March 1st I went to my consular interview and my appointment was at 9am I arrived to the US embassy at 8am and I was out by 945am. The consulate asked me my general immigration history- I had come to the US at around 4 years of age through a tourist visa with family. After that she asked if I was married, or had children, how many siblings and then collected the documentation they had asked for. I was approved and picked up my visa printed on my passport in 2 weeks. I flew back to the USA and currently am in wait of my green card to be mailed to me (approx 120 days). For anyone who can relate best of luck! Any questions let me know Thanks guys.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X