Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying My Spouse On A Tourist Visa - In Need Of Advice

Hi all!

I recently sent in my concurrent filing i-130, i-485 and etc. for AOS for my husband on 03/28/2018 and it just arrived today 03/31/2018 to the USCIS lockbox facility in Chicago.

I am incredibly stressed about my application as my husband and I are not only young (he's 20 and I'm 19), but he also originally came just to visit for holidays and we decided afterwards to change our minds about doing long distance. We decided to get married on our one year anniversary in Jan.

I would love to hear some advice and/or experiences from people who have gotten married while their spouse was on a B-1/B-2 visa and have attempted to adjust status.

We got married about 75 days after he arrived in the US and filed about 140 days after his arrival.

Do I have anything to worry about or should I just sit back and relax??

Sit back, relax, and keep collecting evidence of your real marriage. Like half of the people in the adjustment of status board are in the same situation as you.
    Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
    Married: 8/18/17
    Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
    I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
    Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
    EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
    EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
    Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
    Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
    Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

Just remember,

It is illegal to get a visitors permit with the intention to marry once you arrive here. The most important thing to stress is that your decision to marry was made AFTER he arrived and not before. Especially in any interview that you have with immigration officials. Understand that and you will be fine. As the other poster said, just relax, it will take a while. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
        Hi all!

I recently sent in my concurrent filing i-130, i-485 and etc. for AOS for my husband on 03/28/2018 and it just arrived today 03/31/2018 to the USCIS lockbox facility in Chicago.

I am incredibly stressed about my application as my husband and I are not only young (he's 20 and I'm 19), but he also originally came just to visit for holidays and we decided afterwards to change our minds about doing long distance. We decided to get married on our one year anniversary in Jan.

I would love to hear some advice and/or experiences from people who have gotten married while their spouse was on a B-1/B-2 visa and have attempted to adjust status.

We got married about 75 days after he arrived in the US and filed about 140 days after his arrival.

Do I have anything to worry about or should I just sit back and relax??
        I am in the same boat as your husband. I came to US on B2 Visa. Applied on 12/27 to USCIS Chicago and still waiting.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X