Joint Sponsor is Changing Jobs Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Sponsor is Changing Jobs Help!

My joint sponsor is in the process of changing jobs. When we originally filied, we filled out all the information correctly FOR THE TIME OF FILING. Now that information is changing as our joint sponsor is looking for a new job. What do I do??? I know he'll get another job that will be above the poverty line but still... How/Will this affect my application for my husband??

Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
    My joint sponsor is in the process of changing jobs. When we originally filied, we filled out all the information correctly FOR THE TIME OF FILING. Now that information is changing as our joint sponsor is looking for a new job. What do I do??? I know he'll get another job that will be above the poverty line but still... How/Will this affect my application for my husband??
    This does not void the joint sponsor's contract. Since USCIS may verify any and all information submitted, you do want to have an updated I-864 handy for the interview. Truth is, if you send it without a RFE attached to it, the updated I-864 may not get paired up with your file. The only way to void the contract is if the sponsor withdraws the I-864, and they can do so at anytime. ISOs often ask at the end of the interview if you'd like to submit an updated I-864. I'd say yes to that and hand it over. If they're asking, it's likely they already checked and may just be testing you.

But as of right now, I would just support your friend/joint sponsor on his/her job search. Once he/she gets a new job, you can update the I-864.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      This does not void the joint sponsor's contract. Since USCIS may verify any and all information submitted, you do want to have an updated I-864 handy for the interview. Truth is, if you send it without a RFE attached to it, the updated I-864 may not get paired up with your file. The only way to void the contract is if the sponsor withdraws the I-864, and they can do so at anytime. ISOs often ask at the end of the interview if you'd like to submit an updated I-864. I'd say yes to that and hand it over. If they're asking, it's likely they already checked and may just be testing you.

But as of right now, I would just support your friend/joint sponsor on his/her job search. Once he/she gets a new job, you can update the I-864.

All the best.
      Thanks so much. I was super super stressed this morning when I heard the news but I'll make sure we have all the proper documents prepared in case they ask us about it or send a RFE. Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by emiswarts View Post
        Thanks so much. I was super super stressed this morning when I heard the news but I'll make sure we have all the proper documents prepared in case they ask us about it or send a RFE. Thanks again!!
        You're welcome! All the best to you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X