Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-693 ? Medical Examination Form - Before or after filing paperwork

Hey forum,

I am in the process of filing a petition for a green card based on my wife being a US citizen. However, now that the wait times for the interview can take over a year, I am wondering if I should wait with the I-693 ? Medical Examination Form and the exam itself, until after I have an interview date. The Medical Examination is only valid for one year, so I see that many people now reach the interview and are asked for a new Medical Examination as the one they have has expired by the time they got to the interview.

Is that something which I can do, just not file the I-693 with all the paperwork (I-485, I-130 etc.) and bring it to the interview directly?

Thank you!

Originally posted by ivanv View Post
    Hey forum,

I am in the process of filing a petition for a green card based on my wife being a US citizen. However, now that the wait times for the interview can take over a year, I am wondering if I should wait with the I-693 ? Medical Examination Form and the exam itself, until after I have an interview date. The Medical Examination is only valid for one year, so I see that many people now reach the interview and are asked for a new Medical Examination as the one they have has expired by the time they got to the interview.

Is that something which I can do, just not file the I-693 with all the paperwork (I-485, I-130 etc.) and bring it to the interview directly?

Thank you!
    The USCIS give you three options for the I-693

- Send it in with your concurrently filed AOS paperwork
    - Send it any time between filing and your interview
    - Bring it with you to the interview

They often send courtesy RFE notices about the I-693 if you don't submit it with your original submission. This usually just reminds you that you will need to bring it to interview since you didn't file it with the rest of your paperwork.

So don't worry about filing it with everything else, you're safe to wait.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
      The USCIS give you three options for the I-693

- Send it in with your concurrently filed AOS paperwork
      - Send it any time between filing and your interview
      - Bring it with you to the interview

They often send courtesy RFE notices about the I-693 if you don't submit it with your original submission. This usually just reminds you that you will need to bring it to interview since you didn't file it with the rest of your paperwork.

So don't worry about filing it with everything else, you're safe to wait.
      Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X