Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC holder is filing I-130 for an unmarried adult child, but NO income

Hello,

I am a Green Card Holder, I want to file I-130 for my unmarried adult daughter 28 y.o. She is studying in the USA and have F1 visa. I am retired and I don't have any income. My other daughter and her husband are supporting us in the USA. Do I need to file with my I-130 also Affidavit of Support I-864?

Thanks

Originally posted by tc1981 View Post
    Hello,

I am a Green Card Holder, I want to file I-130 for my unmarried adult daughter 28 y.o. She is studying in the USA and have F1 visa. I am retired and I don't have any income. My other daughter and her husband are supporting us in the USA. Do I need to file with my I-130 also Affidavit of Support I-864?

Thanks
    yes and you will have to show proof of either some or no income as well as a joint sponsor if you don't meet the financial sponsorship guidlines
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by tc1981 View Post
      Do I need to file with my I-130 also Affidavit of Support I-864?
      No. After you file I-130, there is about a 7-year wait for visa numbers in the F2B category (unmarried over-21 child of permanent resident); much longer for people born in Mexico or the Philippines. Only at the end of that wait does she qualify to do either Adjustment of Status (if she is in the US and in status at that time) or Consular Processing (otherwise). Only when doing Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing does she need an Affidavit of Support from you at that time.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X