Interview ready to schedule without AP/EAD- October 2017 filer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview ready to schedule without AP/EAD- October 2017 filer

We filed I485 together with I131 and I765 in October. I hadn't received any updates on my case although I have been pushing for the I131 through service requests and field office visits.

Today there is an update on my I485 saying that case is ready for an interview to be scheduled. Do you know when do they typically schedule the interview after posting this update? Is there any way to expedite the interview date? How long does it take to receive the greencard or any means of travel authorization after the interview?
    Last edited by denoay; 06-21-2018, 10:46 AM. Reason: forgot to tag

Originally posted by denoay View Post
    We filed I485 together with I131 and I765 in October. I hadn't received any updates on my case although I have been pushing for the I131 through service requests and field office visits.

Today there is an update on my I485 saying that case is ready for an interview to be scheduled. Do you know when do they typically schedule the interview after posting this update? Is there any way to expedite the interview date? How long does it take to receive the greencard or any means of travel authorization after the interview?
    There seem to be a lot of people recently (including myself) who are getting interviews before they even get the EAD/AP. Your case says it's ready to be scheduled for an interview, so that means you're now on the waiting list to get an interview date, how long it takes from here is anyone's guess, some people remain here for a long time. It all depends on your field office, what's yours?

As far as I'm aware you can't expedite interview dates. And how long it takes to get the green card is dependent on your interview really. If you're approved on the spot you could receive it in the mail 1-2 weeks later. If they don't approve you on the spot you might have to wait for a response in the mail, they say up to 120 days I think. In terms of travel authorization, if you have a green card then you can travel, you don't need AP anymore.

You may be stuck for a while waiting for an interview, so might be worth in the meantime chasing up the EAD and AP again.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
      There seem to be a lot of people recently (including myself) who are getting interviews before they even get the EAD/AP. Your case says it's ready to be scheduled for an interview, so that means you're now on the waiting list to get an interview date, how long it takes from here is anyone's guess, some people remain here for a long time. It all depends on your field office, what's yours?

As far as I'm aware you can't expedite interview dates. And how long it takes to get the green card is dependent on your interview really. If you're approved on the spot you could receive it in the mail 1-2 weeks later. If they don't approve you on the spot you might have to wait for a response in the mail, they say up to 120 days I think. In terms of travel authorization, if you have a green card then you can travel, you don't need AP anymore.

You may be stuck for a while waiting for an interview, so might be worth in the meantime chasing up the EAD and AP again.
      Thank you for the reply! My field office is Columbus, OH. So, is it still possible to get AP with an interview ready to be scheduled?

Comment

Originally posted by denoay View Post
        Thank you for the reply! My field office is Columbus, OH. So, is it still possible to get AP with an interview ready to be scheduled?
        Yeah it is, because sometimes the wait on "interview ready to be scheduled" can be a long one. So still chase the EAD/AP now because it gives you more options. If you chase them while waiting, there is a chance they're approved if your wait for an interview is a long time, but if your interview comes quickly then you haven't lost anything by chasing those. You will likely either get the EAD/AP granted or you receive an interview first and (hopefully) be granted your GC in which case you won't need the EAD/AP anymore.
        Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
        4-12: Arrived in Chicago
        4-14: Picked up by USCIS
        4-19: Email & text notifications received
        4-23: I-797 Receipts received
        4-27: Biometrics notice received
        5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
        5-11: Biometrics completed
        6-04: Interview scheduled
        6-09: Received interview letter
        7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
        7-13: Card was Mailed
        7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X