How to Pay Green card fee/ Family base Visa/Entered in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Pay Green card fee/ Family base Visa/Entered in the USA

One of friend child came on Family Base visa 4 months ago. They didn't know they have to pay the green card fee before / after entering to the United States.

Now, I am trying to help them to pay the GC fees and get the green card. They don't have the package with A information. I don't see any A- number on the VISA. His visa expires in 1 week.

Now I don't know what to do. Please help me.

I want to help them instead of sending them to lawyer and have them pay bit $$$$.

Help appreciated

Originally posted by Hou0418 View Post
    One of friend child came on Family Base visa 4 months ago. They didn't know they have to pay the green card fee before / after entering to the United States.

Now, I am trying to help them to pay the GC fees and get the green card. They don't have the package with A information. I don't see any A- number on the VISA. His visa expires in 1 week.

Now I don't know what to do. Please help me.

I want to help them instead of sending them to lawyer and have them pay bit $$$$.

Help appreciated
    The A number is labeled the "registration number" on the immigrant visa.

The "expiration date" of the immigrant visa is irrelevant now that they have entered the US. The "visa" is void anyway -- immigrant visas are single use. Rather, at the moment of entry, the immigrant visa automatically turned into an I-551 (equivalent to a green card) valid for one year from the date of entry. So the I-551 that the immigrant visa turned into is still valid for 8 more months, and they can use that to do anything they can do with a green card, including work and re-enter the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X