Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I130 for my Dad, RFE: Need marriage certificate of my parents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130 for my Dad, RFE: Need marriage certificate of my parents.

Hello fellow members and experts, I have applied I130 in feburaray 2018 for my Dad.
    Background : My Dad is widower and my mother passed away 2 years ago. So, I have my mother's death certificate but we donot have the marriage certificate of my Mom and Dad because in 70s registering a marriage was not really compulsary and in all the official Indian documents for my (mom and Dad) such as passport, adhaar, children birth certificate etc they have correctly listed the husband-wife name so nobody thought of having a need of getting a marriage certificate.

So in I130 i had provided my birth certificate, Mom's death certificate and other details, however, I got the RFE indicating:Submit Marriage Certificate of my Father
    Father's Paternity and Ligitimation: Need marriage certificate to prove im born in wedlock and i am attaching rest of the RFE document to get better understanding.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RFE1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	592002Click image for larger version

Name:	RFE2.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	592003Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180823-WA0005.jpg
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	592001
    What do we not have :
    Marriage certificate: Unfortunately Punjab government is not issuing certificates in cases where one of the spouses have deceased, so we cannot get a certificate.

What do we have:
    Mom's death certificate( has (dad's)husband's name on it), my birth certificate indicating name of parents, some joint Bank accounts with Mom and Dad lisitng all our names. Adhaar card of Mom and Dad listing spouse's name. Passport of Mom listing Dad's name as husband.

So what do we need to send in this case any opinion ? I thought my birth certificate would be sufficient but looks like they want more details. If an affidavit is required can someone suggest what should be mentioned in affidavit and is there any template available. Appreciate your help and guidance on this.
    Attached Files

Same situation

Same situation here - what did you end up doing?

Originally posted by singhhundal View Post
    Hello fellow members and experts, I have applied I130 in feburaray 2018 for my Dad.
    Background : My Dad is widower and my mother passed away 2 years ago. So, I have my mother's death certificate but we donot have the marriage certificate of my Mom and Dad because in 70s registering a marriage was not really compulsary and in all the official Indian documents for my (mom and Dad) such as passport, adhaar, children birth certificate etc they have correctly listed the husband-wife name so nobody thought of having a need of getting a marriage certificate.

So in I130 i had provided my birth certificate, Mom's death certificate and other details, however, I got the RFE indicating:Submit Marriage Certificate of my Father
    Father's Paternity and Ligitimation: Need marriage certificate to prove im born in wedlock and i am attaching rest of the RFE document to get better understanding.
    [ATTACH]1368[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1369[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1367[/ATTACH]
    What do we not have :
    Marriage certificate: Unfortunately Punjab government is not issuing certificates in cases where one of the spouses have deceased, so we cannot get a certificate.

What do we have:
    Mom's death certificate( has (dad's)husband's name on it), my birth certificate indicating name of parents, some joint Bank accounts with Mom and Dad lisitng all our names. Adhaar card of Mom and Dad listing spouse's name. Passport of Mom listing Dad's name as husband.

So what do we need to send in this case any opinion ? I thought my birth certificate would be sufficient but looks like they want more details. If an affidavit is required can someone suggest what should be mentioned in affidavit and is there any template available. Appreciate your help and guidance on this.

Comment

Same situation. singhhundal, zNav were you able to successfully to successfully go through process. What did you do?

Comment

Same situation.. did anybody have affidavit completed? Can you please share?

Comment

My father's I-130 and I-485 is pending since 10/15/2019. On Thursday we got an RFE that is asking for his marriage certificate. My mother passed away 4 years back and my parents did not have a marriage certificate, and so as part of the documentation for I-130 , we had submitted 2 Affidavits from relatives who had attended their marriage . We cannot get a marriage certificate now since my mother is no more, and the government of India does not issue such certificates when one of the persons is not living anymore.

Did anybody else have this situation and how was this addressed ? We do have my mother's passport where my father is listed as the spouse. Would this be enough to satisfy this RFE ?

Thanks in advance .

Comment

Any update from SinghHundal or others ? I am facing same RFE. I only have the 2 affidavits and I have my mother's passport listing her husband's name.
            Any suggestions appreciated.

Comment

Im also in the same boat. Anyone successfully got Green Card can please report back what did they submit?

Comment

Hi,

I am in the same situation. Could anyone of you please reply what supporting documents you submitted? Your timely help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
                Pranita

Comment

i just got the same thing..can someone please update ?

Comment

any one ?

Comment

Hello guys,

What did you end up doing? I am in similar situation.

Kindly help!

Big thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello All,
                        Any update on this from anyone will help community. So many people facing this issue, but none posted how they resolved it. I am facing same RFE. I only have the 2 affidavits and I have my mother's passport listing her husband's name. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X