I-864 Joint sponsor birth certificate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Joint sponsor birth certificate question

My brother in law has graciously volunteered to be a joint sponsor for my wife's green card because the Tokyo embassy is ignoring the paperwork that proves my income. As such, I'm preparing his I-864 and I just got his birth certificate.

Can I send a photocopy of his birth certificate or does it have to be the one that came from the vital records office? The instructions for the I-864 only say a "copy" of the birth certificate, it doesn't state either way if a photocopy or an official copy are required.

Since the Tokyo embassy has already been terrible on this case, I don't want to experience any more delays. Contacting them is pretty much useless (they respond a week later and their responses are incomplete).

Does anyone know?

Originally posted by Tensigh View Post
    My brother in law has graciously volunteered to be a joint sponsor for my wife's green card because the Tokyo embassy is ignoring the paperwork that proves my income. As such, I'm preparing his I-864 and I just got his birth certificate.

Can I send a photocopy of his birth certificate or does it have to be the one that came from the vital records office? The instructions for the I-864 only say a "copy" of the birth certificate, it doesn't state either way if a photocopy or an official copy are required.

Since the Tokyo embassy has already been terrible on this case, I don't want to experience any more delays. Contacting them is pretty much useless (they respond a week later and their responses are incomplete).

Does anyone know?
    You need to submit a photocopy of your OFFICIAL birth certificate - Not the actual ORIGINAL document
    C9 Spouse of USC
    NYC Filer
    04/13/18 - PD
    05/04/18 - Bio notice
    05/23/18 - Bio completed
    09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
    09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
    10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
    10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
    10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
    10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
    10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
    11/26/18 - NOA for I765
    11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
    12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Yes, It is a serious concern when you have to prove the income certificate for someone. If one’s wants to give a photocopy of legal documents it should be signed by the authority offices. Without sign, It would not be acceptable. Vital Records Online is one of the best companies who provide Birth Certificate in no time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X