Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I824 - Complicated Case

Hello,

I am filing for follow-to-join benefits for my wife, and we have a fairly complicated case, unfortunately. My I-140 was filed on April 6th 2015 under EB1-B category. My wife came to the US on tourist visa in July of the same year, and we got married in the US. In August 2015 she left for Pakistan to finish her studies. In January 2016, she applied for H4, and entered the US in February 2016 on H4. In the same month, my I-140 also got approved. In May 2016, we filed for our I-485, AP and EAD. We received biometrics notice in June 2016, scheduled for July 2016. We received our EAD/AP cards in June 2016. In September 2016, my wife and I had some marital issues, and she moved back to Pakistan. We remained separated for a year, until September 2017. During that period both of our EAD/AP cards expired. I got mine renewed, since I was in the US, but hers could not be renewed because she was outside the US. We reconciled in September 2017. But, at this point she could not enter the US, because she had no valid visa. So we waited for our I-485 to get approved. In October 2017, we received medical RFE for both of our I-485, since we submitted our medical tests in May 2016 and it had been more than 1 year. I got my medical exam done again and responded to RFE. But, since she was outside the US, we could not get her medical exam done again. So, at that point, consular processing was the only option. So, we waited for my I-485 to get approved, so that we could file I-824 for her. My I-485 got approved in November 2017, and we filed her I-824 in December 2017. After lot of back and forth and document collection, her interview is finally scheduled for December 10th 2018 in Islamabad. My questions are as follows:

1. Given that we filed her I-485 while she was in the US and then we filed I-824 for her, would that have an impact on her case?
    2. What kind of questions can she expect in her visa interview?

I realize that the case is complicated. But, any insight that you can provide would be really useful.

Thanks!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X