Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inappropriate questioning by USCIS Officer during same sex marriage I-130 interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inappropriate questioning by USCIS Officer during same sex marriage I-130 interview

During the same sex marriage green card interview USCIS Officer wanted to know what kind of sex we are having and list the positions and correct spelling mistakes the officer made while taking notes. It made me feel so embarrassed and confused because the officer didn?t want to clarify why she wants to know that. We are a genuine couple we have a joint lease, joint bank account, joint insurances , we know each other?s family members, we travel together , we receive bills, we have tones of pictures with friends over the years. I would like to ask if it is a typical situation for heterosexual couples about asking for the sexual positions or the Officer has crossed the line and not supposed to do that. Whole experience was just humiliating... How should I address this issue ? Did anyone experience this type of questioning?

Originally posted by nlunch View Post
    During the same sex marriage green card interview USCIS Officer wanted to know what kind of sex we are having and list the positions and correct spelling mistakes the officer made while taking notes. It made me feel so embarrassed and confused because the officer didn?t want to clarify why she wants to know that. We are a genuine couple we have a joint lease, joint bank account, joint insurances , we know each other?s family members, we travel together , we receive bills, we have tones of pictures with friends over the years. I would like to ask if it is a typical situation for heterosexual couples about asking for the sexual positions or the Officer has crossed the line and not supposed to do that. Whole experience was just humiliating... How should I address this issue ? Did anyone experience this type of questioning?
    yeahhh I would have politely requested a supervisor be brought in immediately after that started. or atleast spoken to one afterwards. that's highly inappropriate
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
      yeahhh I would have politely requested a supervisor be brought in immediately after that started. or atleast spoken to one afterwards. that's highly inappropriate
      I pray for this to happen to us. The juicy federal lawsuit I would file... *sigh*

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nlunch View Post
      You need to complain to the Office of the Inspector general. Complain to your Senator and Ombudsman. Did you take down the name of the officer?

Comment

4 - Combo Card in hand
        8-08 - Change of address completed
        8-09 - Ready to be scheduled for interview
        8-10 - 8-09 Interview Cancelled
        8-11 - SS card in hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...