Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is needed for sibling dependents green card petition

Good morning,
    I plan to apply for my siblings green card. All of them are married with children and live outside US. The first step is form I-130 which ask for the birth certificate of the siblings to establish their ties with me. However, I am not clear how to petition for their family (spouse and children), What do I need to provide? Will that be a separate application, what supporting material do I need with the application for sibling dependents

Kindly help

Originally posted by baghloli View Post
    Good morning,
    I plan to apply for my siblings green card. All of them are married with children and live outside US. The first step is form I-130 which ask for the birth certificate of the siblings to establish their ties with me. However, I am not clear how to petition for their family (spouse and children), What do I need to provide? Will that be a separate application, what supporting material do I need with the application for sibling dependents

Kindly help
    You only petition your sibling. You cannot petition their family. When the sibling immigrates (after a visa becomes available 13+ years later (and much longer for people born in Mexico or the Philippines)), the spouse and unmarried under-21 children he/she has at that time will be able to immigrate together with him/her as derivative beneficiaries.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

After filing for green card for my siblings, how will it impact the non immigration visas for their spouse/chhildren?
      My siblings children most likely need F-1/H1B/or B1 visa in future while my brothers green card is in queue. Its important that my brothers green card do not impact their family members chances of going to USA

Thanks
      Suhaib

Good morning,

Kindly help

Comment

After filing for green card for my siblings, how will it impact the non immigration visas for their spouse/chhildren?
        My siblings children most likely need F-1/H1B/or B1 visa in future while my brothers green card is in queue. Its important that my brothers green card do not impact their family members chances of going to USA

Thanks
        Suhaib
        It's hard to say. H and L work visas won't be affected by immigrant intent, but most other nonimmigrant statuses are. In principle, immigrant intent is about intent to immigrate on that trip, not intent to immigrate in the future, so it shouldn't have much effect if the visa numbers are still many years away from being available. But it's up to the officer. Some people have had problems and some people have not had any problems getting a nonimmigrant visa being the beneficiary of a petition waiting for visa numbers.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hi, Many thanks for your reply, it did answer one of my question. My siblings are aware of decrease chances of getting visa once I-130 for green card is filed hence they are in process of applying for visa.
          What concerns us is the impact of my siblings spouse and more importantly their children to get a visa(H/F/B etc). Since we I-130 is only for sibings, but once the visa is available the siblings family can also migrate, does it mean that if my siblngs spouse/children go for visa, will the visa officer knows that their father/mother has immigration (I-130) on file and hence may somehow impact their chances of getting the visa, or does it only impacts my siblings only.

Thanks

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          It's hard to say. H and L work visas won't be affected by immigrant intent, but most other nonimmigrant statuses are. In principle, immigrant intent is about intent to immigrate on that trip, not intent to immigrate in the future, so it shouldn't have much effect if the visa numbers are still many years away from being available. But it's up to the officer. Some people have had problems and some people have not had any problems getting a nonimmigrant visa being the beneficiary of a petition waiting for visa numbers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X