Cspa help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cspa help

My aunt filed for F4 visa for her brother (my father).My mom, me and my brother (currently in Canada on his student visa) are derivative candidates. My aunt was asked to pay IV fee for all the derivative even after me and my brother being aged out biologically. Is this CSPA automatically analysed by NVC or do we have to ask them review the case for CSPA? I think me and my brother both qualify as per CSPA age according to CSPA calculator. Is paying visa application fee make us both eligible to fill DS 260 automatically and appear for interview along with my dad and mom or do we have to seek some other ways too?

details:
    *My brother DOB is 30/Sept /1993 and my DOB is 25/Jan/1995.
    *PD: 26 AUG 2005

*Approval Date: April 27,2010
    *21 July 2010: received our letter saying you will be notified when further consideration can be given to processing your application for immigration on
    * Asked to pay Fee on Dec 201

Originally posted by Nirnaya View Post
    * Asked to pay Fee on Dec 201
    Is that 2010 or other year?

You have to look at the visa bulletin Final Action Dates for F4 and the chargeable country (usually where you born) to see if the priority date is current.

For February most of the world is 22JUN05, your PD is 26AUG05, so it may take 3 more months for the PD to be current. At that point you calculate your age and subtract the time it took for the approval:
    (27APR10-26AUG05) = 4 years 8 months
    Your brother in May 2019 will be 25 years 7 months so he will be very close to "age out"

Some answers to other questions (from what I read):
    - I don't think the CSPA is analyzed automatically, you need to provide that information/request
    - Paying a fee does not make someone eligible

Edit: even if the PD will be current in a couple of months, the interview will not be ready. I read that if in the interview date the CSPA age is a few days over 21, they will deny the application.
    Last edited by Enub4; 01-22-2019, 01:15 PM.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
      Is that 2010 or other year?

You have to look at the visa bulletin Final Action Dates for F4 and the chargeable country (usually where you born) to see if the priority date is current.

For February most of the world is 22JUN05, your PD is 26AUG05, so it may take 3 more months for the PD to be current. At that point you calculate your age and subtract the time it took for the approval:
      (27APR10-26AUG05) = 4 years 8 months
      Your brother in May 2019 will be 25 years 7 months so he will be very close to "age out"

Some answers to other questions (from what I read):
      - I don't think the CSPA is analyzed automatically, you need to provide that information/request
      - Paying a fee does not make someone eligible

Edit: even if the PD will be current in a couple of months, the interview will not be ready. I read that if in the interview date the CSPA age is a few days over 21, they will deny the application.
      Yes it is year 2010. I am from Nepal. NVC asked to pay $325 for me and my brother and seems like we are allowed to fill DS260 aswell. To use "Seek to aquire" filling DS260 is mandatory which we got without making request to NVC so what if they don't include me and my brother name in interview list even after submitting DS260? Should we email them regarding our eligibility for CSPA or what are the ways? My brother case seem to be little unsure as he might age out and he is in Canada at a time for his study. Is he allowed to give interview in Canada if he is called for interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X